I love the chance to tell you a little more about me because...
Earlier this week I was nominated by the beautiful Renee from Mummy, Wife, Me to participate in what is called the Liebster Award.
Liebster means: sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. It is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers on their blog or Facebook page. I am so honoured that Renee has awarded this award to me and it means I get to share a little more about myself with you all as well as award my own 11 bloggers to do the same. Thank you Renee, I am delighted.
So here goes,
These are 11 questions that Renee from Mummy, Wife, Me would like me to answer:
1. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone? A close friend who I can share laughs with and then invited me out to lunch = win, win! I had a lovely lemon sugared muffin if you're curious.
2. What is your favourite TV show? Ooooo I have a lot being a scriptwriter and all. I am in love with good scripting and shows that I can't guess what happens because of the scriptwriting. I love a lot of genres Let's see... I adore Gilmore Girls for it's charm. I laugh myself silly at Offspring (and cry a lot of late - they killed Patrick the male love interest "sob"). I go weak at the knees for action show/flicks. I love romance.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I love my Australia but I do fancy myself some France, some Italy and then some Spain. (Or a tropical oasis where you lie on loafer beds in a cute tog set with sarong and you are served cocktails and fresh pineapple all day and you can just read and be lost and then be swept of your feet by a handsome...) Yep I'm back.
4. Where is your favourite place to eat? I love a kooky little shabby chic' Italian joint that's full of red gingham table clothes and faded Italian memorabilia and collectables on the wall, with lanterns and candles burning. It serves amazing pizza and garlic bread with lovely wine finished off with a tiramisu with orange blossom hints.
5. What is your favourite item of clothing? I adore a floral dress with a sweet v neck, with buttons over the bust and a gorgeous sweep to the skirt. Makes one feel so gorgeous, girly and beautiful - you get to feel beautiful in your clothes, you have too, YOU MUST.
6. Any new or exciting news to share? I am in the process of publishing my own works at the moment. Books for children, novels for us adults and scripts to be pitched overseas. Hope the world is ready and watch this space ;) . I'm also thinking fashion label cause I can never find what I have in my head at the shops - I'm thinking stylish, sophisticated yet old school hints.
7. Share one of your most embarrassing moments: Think a round pink doughnut, a two year old in a pram holding precious pink doughnut, a long ramp escalator going down at a packed out shopping mall and a grumpy security guard doing his rounds at the bottom of said escalator.
Two year old drops precious, pretty pink doughnut at top of escalator just as we step onto it. Pink doughnut falls onto its side creating a wheel. Pink doughnut starts to roll down escalator. People remarkably get out of the way of pink doughnut now gathering speed as it makes it's way down the ramp. 2 year old starts shrieking for her dropped, precious, pink doughnut racing away from her. Doughnut reaches bottom of escalator and rolls out onto the floor of the lower level. There is pointing and starring and wonderment at random pink doughnut appearing as if having a life of it's own. Pink doughnut goes wide and does a prompt, beautiful , perfect 10, circle right around grumpy security guard and then comes to falls in emaculate style with a little pause just before it turns itself onto it's back smack bang in front of the now peeved grumpy security guard wondering who had thrown this pink doughnut down the escalator. He scans for for youthful punks. Yes at this point people have stopped walking and are watching Pink Doughnut drama - of our lives!!! Child's shrieking can now be heard by all through out the whole shopping centre drawing attention forcing everyone minds to put two and two together. A sheepish and very embarrassed mum steps of escalator at the bottom pushing the hysterical child and then calmly as if "all in a day" goes and tenderly picks us pink doughnut from right in front of very shiny black boots of the peeved, grumpy security guard. Security guard who by now also pink in the face with annoyance and very ready to chew out some unruly teenagers disappointedly finds a pink blushing mum with a pink in the face hysterical child reaching out for that darn, I could just squish that darn pink doughnut right here, right now in front of all those giggles but I calmly hand the doughnut to my daughter and walk on as if nothing was wrong with the world except everything.
8. What are your pet peeves? Disrespect for people just because you don't get them or their story/struggle. In this modern age I can't stand unfair predigest when we know that we are all divers and unique. What is great for one may not be so for another. We all have our own struggles and trials that all differ - while some find it easy others don't type of thing. I'm not talking about selfish, self inflicted struggles that abuse others I am talking about having grace for those who have found sickness, motherhood, career, friendships different from supposed the norm expectations (let's be clear - norm does not exist). Oh and being the last to shower and finding that all the hot water is gone - that gets me grumpy!
9. Which store would you max your credit card out at? Ok this is too hard... Handing me a credit card and combine the word shop and max out!!!!! I'll try, I would say Anthropology but then Down this Little Lane but then I love me some Myers with all the top designer brands and then there is the Ferrari car dealership, then shopping in Paris ...Yep I was never going to have one shop!!! (Question fail and proud of it.)
10.Why did you start blogging? I love us girls!!! I believe in us girls!!! I want to always inspire us to know that we were created beautiful and nothing and no one can take that away from us because it is a gift given to us when we were created - female. We were designed with beauty in mind, to be it inside and out (yes it's true), to be surrounded by it and build it into our lives and too enjoy it. Then the greatest gift to women is that we get to give it out too. Packaged as: care, hope, change, love, coming along side another, sharing, inspiring, action for change ( you don't mess with a women and her cause), fighting against injustice, giving for betterment - yep a women is a beautiful force on this planet and she can and will change her world for the better because of the gift of beauty (check out my link mag called The Beast - All That Is Beautiful - it's full of gorgeous women being a force in this world). Yep, I just want to inspire this beauty, then bring cheer and love and good ole' chats, yummy food, fun wardrobe suggestions and how to wear stuff you know - All That Is Beautiful.
11.Who/what inspires you? First and foremost I am inspired by my Savour Jesus Christ and I am proud of this. Jesus ultimately came to liberate us all right where we personally need it in our lives and for what was going on in our individual hearts. He's a hero, He is powerful, and He cares so much about us - I don't think any of us truly gets Him and what He stood for but it was to give us great value. He noticed everyone just as they were and accepted them. Then He inspired them to greatness through love, care and achievement and it is for us today too. He especially lifted up women and in His day on earth women were just above animals in the order of importance and He liberated them and gave them back dignity and beauty showing us that we have so much value and then so much beauty to give because to Him we are beautiful, he designed us to be. Next is my family. They inspire me too from my two girls to my dad, my brothers to my friends who I consider family, just awesome people that I am glad to be doing off line life with. My mother inspires me too. She has passed away and not under any nice circumstances which you can read here but despite her struggle she stood for love and taught me to believe in me, and to give kindness and how to cook the best cupcakes in the world - you can't ask for more then that. Then, there is all you lovely girls in my social media world who are just darn amazing mwah xx.
Now for another 11 fact about me:
1. I love tart food: Lemons, cherries, sour lollies.
2. I love the colour cherry red and then pink, then black.
3. I love flowers, especially soft pink roses and daisies. Nothing says cheer and happy like daisies.
4. I dislike tomato oh and mushy textured things and if I start to gag my two girls start gagging too because we all dislike lumps in gloppy textured things.
5. I am the first living girl born in my family for over 100 years - there has been a lot of boys and now I have two girls too which was a shock but a heart delight of mine because there has been a lot of boys.
6. One day I am going to sit in a cafe' called Serendipities in New York and slurp a big ole' Iced Hot Chocolate - yes that is what it is called. Want to come with?
7. Sultanas give me tension especially found in apple pie, cookies and cakes.
8. I dislike and was told I was sweet and kind but dumb (learning problem) by teachers as a little girl and as a teenager and would never make anything of myself except to be a mum of lot's of children or work in child care as if that was an easy option. I have a degree in media and public relations and am a successful scriptwriter. I self published and produced a tween girls magazine with a group of amazing writers that was distributed across Australia and overseas and the best of that mag is now an electronic book magazine called Beautiful for sale in my shop perfect for the tween 5 -12 year old girl/s in your life (click here if you want to purchase :) ) I am am aspiring film writer and I say just watch this space, I'm just getting started. I am kind and sweet and often over looked because I am gentle with quite, fierce passion. Also I am a mum and it is my most proudest achievement yet and I love it and it is not easy, it's hard work with great joy - so there nasty teachers AND being a child care worker is great, they are amazing people and they give so much to our little ones - so there nasty teachers.
9. I like the music up loud and there has to be loads of bass and drums. Yep I'm that person who you wish would turn down the music and I do secretly like ABBA. I can be found singing at the top of my lungs in the car and even shuffling as you do sitting in the drivers seat.
10. I wish the Tree in Enid Blyton's The Magic Far Away Tree was in my backyard - so I could go to fun lands of adventure and surprises whenever I like. I hope chocolate land comes all the time.
11. I really do believe in us girls/women everywhere - you can have your cake and eat every slice too. Go for it gorgeous because you are the beautiful and you are going to change this world just by being you and going for your dreams. You bring the beautiful and this world needs the beautiful so much.
Now to nominate some lovely beautiful girls from:
6. Teacups Too
8. Tea for Evie
My 11 questions for you my nominees are:
1. What is your favourite childhood memory?
2. On your pizza we would find?
3. A guilty pleasure?
4. A famous person from history that inspires you?
5. At the park you would go for: the swings, slide or see -saw?
6. Where would you love to travel too?
7. What is your favourite colour?
8. The best thing about being a women is?
8. The best thing about being a women is?
9. Something that was a challenge for you that you are proud you overcame?
10. Most favourite room of your house and why?
11. A piece of clothing you just can't bare to part with?
Now beautiful nominees simply answer the above questions and 11 other facts or interesting things about yourself that you care to share in a post then nominate another 11 blogger who fit the Liebster Award brief and give them 11 of your questions. Do steal the award from my post as well to show case on your blog.